Carabiners now offers outdoor climbing programs for climbers of any age or ability. Join us on a local trip, anchor building course or overnight road trip to one of Connecticut rock climbing destinations.
Local Ice Climbing Trips
Give ice climbing a try! Join us for a local ice climbing trip. We’ll provide a full day of instruction with a small group. All equipment is provided including ice axes, boots, crampons, etc.
Locations (Based on Conditions):
People State Forest (CT), Canaan (CT) or Racebrook Falls (MA)
$140ea ($50 deposit to register)
Sunday, January 19, 2014
Local Rock Climbing Trips
Get outdoors and give outdoor climbing a try! We offer guided top-rope climbing trips to local crags through the guides at Ascent Climbing. Climbs range from 5.4 to 5.12+ and our certified guides will work hard to make you feel comfortable on the rock
- Member discounts
- All equipment provided
- Professional, certified guides provided by Ascent Climbing
- All abilities welcome
- Season: Mid-March – November
- Carabiners Members $80 ea
- Non Members $95 ea
Top Rope Anchor Course
If your goal is to climb outdoors on your own this course is the best place to start. Strong anchors are the foundation to independent climbing and this course will teach you the fundamentals of building strong top rope anchors. All technical and safety equipment provided.
Must be belay certified. Some outdoor climbing experience recommended. Must be 16 years of age or accompanied by an adult.
- Modern anchoring techniques
- Choose the right equipment
- Evaluating natural protection
- Risk assessment & site management
- Introduction to placing traditional protection
- Carabiners Members $140 ea
- Non Members $155 ea
Upcoming Anchor Courses:
- Regular courses resume spring 2014.
- Interested? email email@example.com
- Chatfield Hollow State Park (Killingworth, CT) or Pinnacle Rock (Plainville, CT)
For more information or to register email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 675-5510